Monday, January 14, 2013

An Open Book

One of the goals of this blog is to be completely honest about everything possible, including myself.  I intend to keep negativity off here as much as possible (but you know, can't have the good without the bad sometimes, right?), but if there is an ugly truth about myself or my life, I won't hesitate to tell it like it is.  If it bothers you to read, remember that even an ugly truth is more beautiful than the prettiest lie.

I've never believed much in privacy.  I run my Facebook page much like a true news feed.  No, I don't post what I had for dinner (although as Stefan lovingly pointed out, I do sometimes post what my pets had for dinner, which may or may not be even worse).  But like the news, it is open to the public.  Like the old adage, "the people have a right to know," I feel that if you are going to put yourself in the public eye, (and lets face it, the internet is as in-the-public-eye as you can get) you cannot expect privacy.  You have to be unashamed.  You have to be an open book.

And if there is something you don't want anyone to know about, you don't say it.  Because saying anything on the internet, regardless of privacy settings, is like standing on the empire state building with a megaphone, and if you really don't want people to know what you had for dinner, you're shit out of luck.

This is why I did away with privacy.  It goes against everything I stand for.  If I ever do keep anything about myself quiet, it is only in order to protect others who might be negatively affected to an unmanageable degree.  (Being butt-hurt about something does not count!)

Therefore, here - like everywhere else in my life - I am an open book.  I am unashamed, unabridged, and unaccommodating.  And no matter what the truth costs you, remember that the truth will also set you free!



And being free is priceless. 

1 comment:

  1. totally disagree with "the people have a right to know" but that's just me. You possibly have one "right" and that's to breathe, but I'm not at all sure even that qualifies as a "right." Pet peeve of mine. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete